As I began writing the title of this post, I thought of how much this cake is a wish come true. This is one cake I vividly remember my mother preparing holiday after holiday. I can see her now pulling the white Sunbeam stand mixer and a stainless sheet pan that wasn’t pretty or fancy, it had a dent in the side and didn’t lay flat on the counter because of the slightly raised edges. She would quickly mix this cake together and everyone would rave over it. My mom’s name is Lisa, in case you didn’t get that in the title) says that it’s actually a punch bowl cake that she made into a layer cake and never looked back.
I remember taking this cake to school for every birthday in elementary school and the teachers would always ask for the recipe. This recipe is used with a mix so it comes together quick and seamless. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did (do).
Lisa’s Strawberry Cream Birthday Cake
1 box Duncan Hines Butter Golden or Yellow Cake Mix
2 (5.1 oz) boxes Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 Containers of Sugared Frozen Strawberries
2 Containers Cool Whip
1. Bake cake according to directions in 13×9 pan.
2. Prepare vanilla pudding and let set in refrigerator 15-45 minutes. While that’s setting, take out your frozen strawberries.
3. With completely cooled cake, spread vanilla pudding in an even layer over cake.
4. Next, grab your frozen strawberries, thawed strawberries and pour an even layer over pudding.
5. Finally, add Cool Whip topping, spread evenly and refrigerate for at least an hour.
It’s just that easy and delicious. Enjoy!