This sandwich tho… This is The. Absolute. Best. Leftover. Sandwich. Ever. I know, I know. It seems like we are so stuffed that we cannot think of seeing all this Thanksgiving food in the days to come. But this is the sandwich that makes you wish for turkey and cranberry sauce! Make this tomorrow, Saturday ∞
Halloween 2016 may be over but doesn’t mean you can’t get more treats. Here are two super easy recipes that uses all that candy! Enjoy! Day After Halloween Candy Bark Day After Halloween Rice Crispy Treats
It’s the first day of Autumn! Which means it’s almost my favorite time of year, Halloween. 38 Days! So let’s kick off the fall baking season with these festive Candy Corn Cupcakes. Candy Corn Cupcakes Recipe
Everyone enjoys a good pound cake. 7Up Cake is a delicious, moist pound cake that everyone enjoys. This recipe is the first cake I baked from scratch. I was a pretty seasoned doctored-up Duncan Hines girl–nothing wrong with that-but I was ready for scratch. I found the recipe in my mama’s recipe drawer. My mama doesn’t use “recipes”. She only ∞
As I began writing the title of this post, I thought of how much this cake is a wish come true. This is one cake I vividly remember my mother preparing holiday after holiday. I can see her now pulling the white Sunbeam stand mixer and a stainless sheet pan that wasn’t pretty or fancy, ∞
I found this recipe going through my grandmother’s old newspaper recipe cut-outs and I know why she kept it this long. These crisp, crunchy, sweet meringue cookies are so delicious. You can use food coloring to make them festive for whatever holiday you wish. Pastels for Spring/Easter. Red and green for Christmas. Pink or Blue for Baby Showers…the list goes on. This recipe yields about 6 dozen they are perfect for get-togethers and office parties.
4 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1 1/4 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Almond Extract
15-20 drops Food Coloring (depending how deep color you want the cookies)
1. Preheat oven to 235 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wipe bowl, whisk beater blade with vinegar or lemon juice to make certain all grease is gone, wipe dry with paper towel.
3. Beat egg whites on medium speed until frothy.
4. Add cream of tartar, beat until soft peaks form.
5. Turn up speed to medium high, and sugar 1 Tablespoon at a time.
6. Beat until stiff peaks form.
7. Gently stir in food coloring.
8. Drop by rounded teaspoon full (or pipe from bag) unto two parchment lined greased cookie sheets.
9. Place both sheets of meringues in oven for 45 minutes. Turn oven off completely.
10. Leave meringue cookies in oven (off) all night.
11. Awake to perfect pretty meringue cookies.
Click Here for the Amazing Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe I was a guest blogger on Alyssa’s blog AmazinKreation.com and they are a super hit! Here’s the Amazing Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe. Make these ASAP, they are quick, easy and delicious! E.